Job Role: Level 1 Support Desk Engineer
Reporting to: Support Lead
Overall Job Purpose:
- To undertake the Customer Service and Support activities for the cash handling hardware and software systems provided by the Company.
- Providing exemplary levels of customer service, with a commitment to ensure the customer enjoys the best possible service experience from PCS to encourage potential for enhanced and repeat business.
- To have the ability to quickly troubleshoot and diagnose issues remotely in many types of electronic cash management devices (hardware and software).
- Great communication skills, able to provide technical support and basic user familiarisation / training where requested.
- Provide Level 1 support to customers in a professional and friendly manner.
- Answering the Helpdesk Support phone calls and tickets.
- Resolve tickets and ensure they are completed and closed within SLA’s.
- Create ticket and fully document all troubleshooting steps.
- Monthly report generation and statistical analysis of tickets.
- Scheduling preventative maintenance with customers.
- Creating and allocating site visits to engineers.
- Support engineers when required.
- Monitoring systems and be proactive in remediation of issues.
- Manage and implement the role out of firmware updates.
- Arranging shipping and documentation for parts to be returned for repair/replacement.
- Organizing, preparing, and setting up equipment for customer installations.
- Monitor and report on stock levels of equipment and spares parts to ensure adequate levels of stock maintained to support estate management and servicing.
- Occasional troubleshooting and carrying out the repairs and testing of parts.
- Assist with the taking in of deliveries and organisation of warehouse.
- Any other duties which may be assigned from time to time due to the nature of the Company’s business.
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- A good understanding of electronic and mechanical systems
- Willing to train on varying new cash handling products
- Experience of working as a mobile engineer
- Excellent customer service skills and a commercial knowledge and understanding
- IT skills and use of PDA / smartphone device software
- Full Irish/EU driving license
Desirable (but no essential)
- Experience within the cash handling service industry or similar on complimentary systems such as electronic cash management devices.
Five Core Competencies:
- Resilience / Adaptability (to handle changing priorities well, work well under pressure without ‘flapping’ and to present a positive image)
- Commitment – Loyal to both organisation and colleagues
- Communication Skills (good listening and empathy skills with customers and present a positive image of PCS.)
- Problem Solving – to establish all the facts resolving the situation independently using own initiative, consulting with experienced colleagues, team leaders and suppliers as necessary
- Delivering results (to ensure customer calls are resolved quickly and efficiently, to prioritize effectively, meet deadlines and targets, and use own initiative to get the job done)
Other competencies: –
- Customer First
- Managing Resources
- Job Knowledge & Expertise
- Influencing & Negotiating
- Leadership Skills
Possible Training Requirements:
- Potential Gunnebo product training in locations like Sweden, Germany and Spain (essential: cash management devices)
- Service technician software
- Base salary and bonus depending on experience and qualifications.
- Mobile phone, and laptop.
Please send your CV and covering letter to: careers@premiumcashsolutions.